IN A NUTSHELL:
The MPSA calls upon the Midtown community to be observant, to network with neighbors, and most importantly to support the neighborhood patrol.
GOVERNANCE & CORE OBJECTIVE:
In 2003, the MPSA was incorporated in the State of Georgia as the “Midtown/Ponce Security Alliance, LTD” as a “domestic nonprofit corporation.” A group of Midtowners formed a task force uniting the residential and business community in order to more effectively address lingering criminal and nuisance activity incongruent with the unfolding renaissance of the neighborhood we call home. These efforts resulted in the establishment of the Midtown Ponce Security Alliance. The MPSA Board of Directors – consisting of your neighbors – governs the organization according to its bylaws. We hold 501(c)4 status, which makes us tax-exempt but not tax-deductible.
The MPSA serves the Midtown community with a singular focus on public safety and security issues affecting the neighborhood we proudly call home. As our sole objective, we pursue a vision of a safe environment for the Midtown community, with particular emphasis on funding our community patrol through membership and sponsorship. We also keep the neighborhood aware of factors generating criminal and nuisance activity, and coordinate neighborhood efforts toward eliminating those phenomena.
HOW WE IMPLEMENT OUR CORE OBJECTIVE & MISSION:
- The MPSA Patrol
- Communications – via our website, e-blasts, and public meetings
- Collaboration with police, prosecutors, public officials, and community leaders
MAP OF MEMBERSHIP AREA AND PATROL COVERAGE:
- From Juniper Street to the Beltline Eastside Trail just east of Monroe Drive and Home Depot
- From Ponce de Leon Avenue to 10th Street.
- Highlighted in green on the map
- All of Kennesaw Avenue, Penn Avenue, Myrtle Street, are in the service area, along with Glen Iris Drive down to but not including North Avenue
THE MPSA BOARD OF DIRECTORS:
The MPSA board is composed as follows (with year that they joined the MPSA board):
- President: Guy Drexinger (2015)
- Secretary: Jim Stapleton (2015)